PortalParts.com Site

Forum Index > Geeklog > ChatterBlock Plugin Support New Topic Post Reply
 anonymous posts
 |  Printable Version
mikeskin
 August 21 2006 15:46 PM  
Forum Newbie

Quote by: Blaine<p>I think you need to assign the right chatterblock.user to a group the users belong to.</p>

I am having a similar problem. I have been getting lots of repeated spam on my chatterblock.

I created a new group and then checked the "logged-in users" box under "security groups". I then checked the "chatterblock.user" box to give all "logged-in users" the "right" to use the chatterblock. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to get it to work unless I then add all users in to the group via the "edit" link on the admin "goup manager". I thought checking the "logged-in users" box was assigning this "right"? Why do I then have to add all the users thru the edit link? Although this works, I then have to continually update it as new users register.

I personly would like to have the chatterblock visible to all but only allow registered users to be able to post. Is there a way to do that? Right now I have "Enable anonymous access to block: " set to "no" in the chatterblock admin but I tested it and was still able to post whilst not being logged in.

Profile Email PM
Content generated in: 0.07 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 12:34 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content