PortalParts.com Site

Forum Index > Community > Site Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Site changes
 |  Printable Version
ScurvyDawg
 October 27 2004 21:19 PM  
Forum Senior
Senior

Yes I have IE available but I almost never use it unless it is absolutely required.

I find FF to be a much better browsing experience.

Not a big deal I know how to use break tags :)

If your using FF the smilies do not show any longer either. I think Mozilla users will see the same as me and have the same issues.

Peace

Profile Email Website PM
Blaine
 October 27 2004 21:27 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Yeh, I disabled the smilies because the editor component has a built-in smilie feature. Also, all of these JS RichText Editors will not support other JS scripts at the same time for the textarea field so I can not use the JS to insert the smilie when clicked if the editor is enabled.

I'm testing this out and Iike the improved useability but recognize non-IE users will be comprimised. I have a number of corporate clients and it is all IE on the desktop. This will make it easier for these users.

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
DrShakagee
 October 27 2004 21:51 PM  
Forum Full Poster
Full Poster

Yes that stupid d key is a bit too close on the laptop. Blaine I am wondering about adding IE only features, as I too work with corporate clients and am more and more finding clients shying away from MS solutions it is interesting that you see otherwise.

Anyways I do diG the new look, and all I diD do was click on a bookmark.

Great work!

Profile Email PM
Blaine
 October 27 2004 21:56 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Quote by DrShakagee:  Blaine I am wondering about adding IE only features, as I too work with corporate clients and am more and more finding clients shying away from MS solutions it is interesting that you see otherwise.

For internal Intranet use - IE rules and most clients are not even allowed to install another browser. Thats what I see.

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
ScurvyDawg
 October 28 2004 13:39 PM  
Forum Senior
Senior

Thats cool it is your site.

I would however appreciate it if you continue to consider cross browser functionality in your released plugins.

I happen to see the exact oppisite of what your saying within our corporate culture. I work a lot with government entities and I can say OSS is making a big push into these sectors.

Open standards are the best to adhear to because then both MS/IE and all other browsers will work the same. Being MS/IE only really is quite limiting.

You're the best.

Cheers

Neal

http://www.azgolfhub.com/firefox.htm

Profile Email Website PM
Content generated in: 0.29 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 08:51 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content