PortalParts.com Site

Forum Index > Community > Projects under development New Topic Post Reply
 glContent
 |  Printable Version
Blaine
 January 02 2004 23:44 PM (Read 7748 times)  
Forum Admin
Admin

This plugin is an idea I have to extend the content management functionality of Geeklog. I've been using GL for some pure marketing related website projects and want a better and easier way to create linked content or categorize content. Mostly for non-techies as I can make GL do what I need now -- but it will need to be easier for non technical or new users.

These sites don't really want to publish stories for comment but want the non-techie ability to self-manage the site content. The topics are a good way of organizing the content as well but you can't have subtopics. We need a way to have a "Products" topic and then subtopics. If I have 5 products, I really don't want to then have another 5 topics either. A typical site may have 5 or more major headings and 3 sub sections - that would be 15 topics and I may only have 1 article in each.

It would be nice to be able to easily see the site map and structure and reorganize the structure easily. Content could be assigned from a staticpage, external page or article. Add a nice site navigation block and that is an overview of what I've been thinking would be useful.

Many of us have used the HTMLAreaEditor but I've also integrated the editor from Labs4. It is a fee-based HTML editor that is used in textarea fields but I like it a lot better. It includes a image library feature that allows users to upload, insert and manage images for stories.

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
robert996
 January 14 2004 17:44 PM  
Forum Newbie

This is not what you were thinking but still is useful in terms of conceptualizing and a great read.

http://www.salon.com/contact/staff/idk/print.html

Profile Email PM
ScottMcW
 January 24 2004 14:31 PM  
Forum Big Cheese
Big Cheese

Quote by Blaine:Many of us have used the HTMLAreaEditor but I've also integrated the editor from Labs4. It is a fee-based HTML editor that is used in textarea fields but I like it a lot better. It includes a image library feature that allows users to upload, insert and manage images for stories.

Hey Blaine,

That Labs4 looks pretty groovy. It is pretty easy to integrate if that all I wanted to do?

Thanks,

Scott

Profile Email Website PM
Rocky
 January 24 2004 16:54 PM  
Forum Big Cheese
Big Cheese

I am sure this plugin will my GL fly higher.

Rocky

Profile Email PM
Dazzy
 March 26 2004 16:27 PM  
Forum Big Cheese
Big Cheese

Blaine, whats the status of this project? I'm thinking I could use it as a documentation system and have it intregrated with Geeklog, I'm currently using Phpmyfaq because it has some useful features.

One of which is the display entry as xml, I am currently deloping a DLL for an IDE I'm writing which will interpret the xml which means I will alway have the most recent version of the language documentation!

Dazzy test

Profile Email Website PM
Content generated in: 0.26 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CST. The time is now 11:42 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content