Forum Index > Geeklog > Forum Plugin Support New Topic Post Reply
 Forum V2.7 posts takes ages to load
 |  Printable Version
webdude
 June 01 2009 19:17 PM (Read 7623 times)  
Forum Full Poster
Full Poster

Hi

I love this forum plugin and run a membership site on Geeklog 1.4.1 http://thegiantsofmarketing.com/members

Until recently I had no problems with my forum however recently a user made a post and there after all posts take ages, over 1 minute to open.

Opening Forum groups/categories is fine and if you hover over the post it quickly gives you the popup block with info of the post, but if you click on a post it takes far to long to open.

Now this is on a high end dedicated server although we did recently install eAccellerator on the server to speed up php.

My forum was on V2.7.1 I loaded the 2.7.1 patches which did not help and now upgraded to v2.7.2 which has also made no improvement.

The system does also not throw up any errors no does it time out but it is now impossible to use the forum. I did notice however that the users post showed up twice, after deleting the posts, it made no improvement.

I have resynced all the parent category forums as well. The site is currently not that busy with never more than 10 people on at any time however I am launching to a large group soon so am a bit worried.

Any ideas?

Regards
Mark :banghead:

Profile Email PM
webdude
 June 02 2009 12:12 PM  
Forum Full Poster
Full Poster

I checked my geeklog log file and don't see any errors relating to the forum. Also when the post does eventually show it still shows a fast generation speed listed usually as less than 2sec

Now I am looking at upgrading the whole setup from 1.4.1 to 1.6.0b2 but creating a test copy first as the last time I tried to upgrade from 1.4.1 to 1.5 it broke the theme and some of the plugins, so on top of ensuring all the plugins are at the latest version I will disable most of them during the upgrade process.

Anyone else had this slow forum post display problem?

Does upgrading to 1.6 make noticeable improvements?

Regards
Mark

Profile Email PM
Blaine
 June 02 2009 16:19 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

I don't think the forum version upgrade or Geeklog upgrade have anything to do with your performance issue. The geeklog.net site is running the latest Geeklog and Forum code and may be larger then your site in users and forum records.

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
webdude
 June 02 2009 16:27 PM  
Forum Full Poster
Full Poster

Yes, I figured as much.

Can't imagine why it is doing it.

Is it possible that a user making a post could cause the corruption?

Regards
Mark

Profile Email PM
Blaine
 June 02 2009 16:40 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

I don't see how but if this was my site, I'd start to isolate the issue. If you are not comfortable adding debugging or timing code, you may want to isolate out certain forums to see if it's content related.

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
Content generated in: 0.30 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 04:28 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content