PortalParts.com Site

Forum Index > Geeklog > Forum Plugin Support New Topic Post Reply
 Post Version 2.3.2 Development
 |  Printable Version
Blaine
 January 11 2005 10:19 AM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Yes, this is correct. If you read this post from the top, you will see this is a discussion on post 2.3.2 development.

Your file "forum_2.3.2_1.3.9.zip" is version 2.3.2 and tested or developed with geeklog 1.3.9 (which was the latest release a few months ago).

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
dgaussin
 January 11 2005 10:30 AM  
Forum Senior
Senior

Of course I read from the top.. else how do I know the new features ?

But so, why can't I see any new features ? Any idea for the lack of BBCode support ?...

Use Forum 2.3.2 and glMessenger

Profile Email PM
dgaussin
 January 11 2005 10:42 AM  
Forum Senior
Senior

Ok, just found for BBCode, I had check no at "allow html"... indeed, it's not html but "allow bbcode" the right label ! ;)

And sorry I read with more attention your first post and it's planned features, right ! I'm sick today maybe I should have go to bed... Sorry Blaine.

Use Forum 2.3.2 and glMessenger

Profile Email PM
RickW
 January 21 2005 12:55 PM  
Forum Senior
Senior

So what's the latest and greatest that has been put into the upcoming release?

Instead of keeping us updated via threads, you could make a static page linked from the My Project Status block. :thumbsup:

www.antisource.com

Profile Email Website PM
Blaine
 March 27 2005 22:16 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

I got back into the forum 2.4 project this week and made some good progress and got a few big features and enhancments completed.

• Complete re-write of the admin section for adding and editing moderators. You can now add new moderators by group assignment as well as as by individual members.
  • Major overhaul of the code that handled all the moderation features. A limitation currently is that some of the code in this section is pretty old and before I got involved. Moderator records were by username and hense changing a member name would loose all moderator access. With the addition of moderation assignment by group as well as user - I rewrote all this code.
  • While I was reworking all the moderation features, I added the ability to split a thread or topic. You can now start a new topic with the single post or split the topic at the selected post and start a new topic (in a selected forum).
  • Upgraded the geshi library that is used to format the code blocks
  • Added the admin setting to disable the geshi formatting feature and use the code formatting style as it is today.
  • More reworking of the templates and template handling code - pretty well complete now with the templates but I keep finding more code and better ways of handling the templates as I dig thru the code. The template files are much more straightgforward now and significantly fewer in number.
  • Found and removed even more hardcoded english in the code - moved to the language file.

Have a look at this screenshot to see the new Moderator Admin layout and operation

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
Content generated in: 0.29 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 11:19 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content