PortalParts.com Site

Forum Index > Geeklog > Forum Plugin Support New Topic Post Reply
 Post Version 2.3.2 Development
 |  Printable Version
Blaine
 March 30 2005 22:42 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Ok - got that feature working as well but it will need to get some good testing as it effected code in a number of places. I'll try and update this site to my new code over the next few days and we can test out the new subscribtion features here.

In Summary one will be able to:

• Subscribe to a complete forum - same as today
  • Subscribe to just a few selected topics - same as today
  • Autosubscribe to topics you create or reply to - same as today
  • Subscribe to a complete forum and then un-select topics - new
  • Set preference to only be notified once if topic gets more new posts since your last viewing - new
  • Able to view all subscriptions including the Negitive subscription and see their type - updated.

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
Blaine
 April 03 2005 00:45 AM  
Forum Admin
Admin

I have installed the latest forum project code here for testing. Some of the changes are admin features like move post and split topic but there are also a number of user features or changes.

• Improved centerblock on the frontpage. Tweaked the infomation that is shown when you hover over the topic and last post fields.
  • Clicking on the cell lastpost will now take you to the actual last post - not just the last page.
  • Added this feature to the forum listing as well. Clicking on the Lastpost cell in either the main forum index or the topiclisting view will take you to the actual last post.
  • Improved Notification Admin page - accessed from the top left block when in the forum.
  • Able to now subscribe to a complete forum but then un-subscribe to selected topics. Using the Subscribtion admin screen, you can more easily see your subscriptions and if need delete multiple notifications records.
  • User can now set a user-pref to not receive multiple notifications if further replies for the same topic are made since your last visit.
  • Tweaked the tempaltes again for the member and popular topics listing

Note: You may need to "Mark all topics read" to re-sync up the notification logs.

Please test out these new user features and let me know if you see any problems.

Profile Email Website PM
Blaine
 April 06 2005 00:13 AM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Just added a new version of the memberlisting feature - access it from the top left forum block once your in the forum area or from the "forum features" link in the user menu.

I'll probally remove the link in the user menu. It's not really required anymore.

You can now use the memberslisting feature to view all site members and not only those with forum activity. I'm not sure about the CSS buttons being used in this way as it looks a bit crowded but the benefit is they are changed automatically by the user's language setting and easier to theme.

Sorting by posts only works if you have "forum activity only" checked off.

Profile Email Website PM
dgaussin
 April 06 2005 02:59 AM  
Forum Senior
Senior

Is it possible as moderator to move a post into another topic ?

Use Forum 2.3.2 and glMessenger

Profile Email PM
Blaine
 April 06 2005 07:48 AM  
Forum Admin
Admin

I thought I had included this in my earlier update but it appears I just thought I did :shock:

I re-wrote most of the moderation logic and in doing so, added the ability to split a topic from a selected post which will start a new topic in the same or different forum. I also have the option to move just the one post - options to move it to the same forum or available forums that you have moderation rights to.

Since using it here on my site, I see a need to allow the moderator to change the topic title at the same time.

Some of the next project tasks related to this moderation feature are:

• Allow moderator to change topic title on move/split - Done
  • Allow site admin setting to not allow topic title change by non-moderators for new posts
  • Allow site admin to setup time threshhold to allow users to edit their own posts and after that only moderator - Done

• Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
    Content generated in: 0.34 seconds
    New Topic Post Reply

All times are CST. The time is now 05:18 PM.
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    View Anonymous Posts 
    Anonymous users can post 
    Filtered HTML Allowed 
    Censored Content