PortalParts.com Site

Forum Index > Geeklog > Forum Plugin Support New Topic Post Reply
 Post Version 2.3.2 Development
 |  Printable Version
ScurvyDawg
 April 06 2005 12:22 PM  
Forum Senior
Senior

Also need pagination added to the top of the forum. I go to a forum and want to go to the last page of post but have to scroll through all the posts on the first page to get to the subsequent pages.

:thumbsup:

Profile Email Website PM
RickW
 April 06 2005 13:44 PM  
Forum Senior
Senior

Quote by: ScurvyDawg

Also need pagination added to the top of the forum. I go to a forum and want to go to the last page of post but have to scroll through all the posts on the first page to get to the subsequent pages.

:thumbsup:

If he moves most of the layout to template files, he could create a {pagination} variable so you could add anywhere you want.

www.antisource.com

Profile Email Website PM
Blaine
 April 06 2005 20:44 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Quote by: RickW

If he moves most of the layout to template files, he could create a {pagination} variable so you could add anywhere you want.

All of the forum presentation is done with template files - really always was. But in this version the templates and code has all or mostly all been redone to be make more efficient use of the templates and significantly reduced the number.

Still, it's not possible to have set every desired and potentially available variable in each and every template. The {pagenavigation} template is available in the topicnavbar, topicheader and topicfooter templates now.

Please test away and let me know if you see any other items - still much more to do.

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
Blaine
 April 06 2005 23:19 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

I recently has a client who had a upset forum user and the member edited all of his 50+ posts ever submitted and deleted the content. Needless to say it effected the content and context of the threaded conversations in these topics. Not only that the edit bumped all the topic timestamps and now all these topics were noted as changed. He could have restored the DB I guess and removed the member so that it could not be done again but it raised for me the need to have a way to prevent this.

I had noted the feature before but this event hightlighted the need for me.

I have just added this new feature and it's in test now on this site. I have it set it for a 60 min timeframe that you are allowed to edit your posts. This should be sufficient if not a bit longer then needed.

Forum moderators can still edit the posts.

I don't know if it's necessary or desired to autmatically insert and edited type message when a member edits their post. I'd find it annoying personally since I often see a typo just after posting.

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
dgaussin
 April 07 2005 02:32 AM  
Forum Senior
Senior

You could add an admin option to turn on/off the edited type message...

And you could add a delay to add the edited type message. For example, if I edit my message in the two minutes after I created, no edit message is added, but If edit my message five minutes after, the edit message is added. And of course, the delay could be an variable admin could be change.

Use Forum 2.3.2 and glMessenger

Profile Email PM
Content generated in: 0.24 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 04:28 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content