PortalParts.com Site

Forum Index > Geeklog > Forum Plugin Support New Topic Post Reply
 Post Version 2.3.2 Development
 |  Printable Version
RickW
 April 07 2005 07:22 AM  
Forum Senior
Senior

Good idea Blaine. :thumbsup: Can that feature be disabled, or given a custom time? I think the way the biggest forum softwares handle this, is you can edit your posts whenever you want before it gets archived. Threads are archived after 30 days (some forums will allow you to "bump" the thread out of the archive, and some lock the thread altogether)

As far as letting others know the post has been edited - let them edit it freely, but at the bottom of the post in a small and italics font, just put edited April 7, 2005 8:17 am or whatever the timestamp looks like. There are a few forums I am a member of that make you put in a reason why you edited, but I find that annoying. Just as long as members know you did, I think that's enough. Proper posting eticate is that if it's more than fixing a typo, you write "edit: more text here" or "update: more text here", and that's a chore left up to the member.

www.antisource.com

Profile Email Website PM
Blaine
 April 07 2005 07:56 AM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Quote by: RickW

Good idea Blaine. :thumbsup: Can that feature be disabled, or given a custom time?

I've implemented it as an online setting - it's on this site that I've set it for 60 min.

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
Blaine
 April 07 2005 18:31 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Quote by: dgaussin

You could add an admin option to turn on/off the edited type message...

And you could add a delay to add the edited type message. For example, if I edit my message in the two minutes after I created, no edit message is added, but If edit my message five minutes after, the edit message is added. And of course, the delay could be an variable admin could be change.

I will have the Edited message as a language variable and if it's not blank - it will be used.

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
chuba
 July 05 2005 19:45 PM  
Forum Newbie

much thanks if you add the image sig option and the hidden forum options.

Profile Email Website PM
Content generated in: 0.21 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CST. The time is now 05:19 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content