PortalParts.com Site

Forum Index > Geeklog > Forum Plugin Support New Topic
 Forum Version 2.6 Testing Feedback
 |  Printable Version
lwc
 November 08 2006 07:48 AM  
Forum Full Poster
Full Poster

I can't edit because it says my author name is empty ("value=>")! I had to use Proxomitron to enter my name there.

Also, after I edit it takes me to this topic's page 1 instead of to the latest post's page.

Anyway, I'd like to test if it means you'd agree to enter some features of mine because right now, for example, this forum is still useable in RTL mode. The best way for you to test it is to duplicate english_utf-8.php into english_utf-8_rtl.php and set a direction setting in it of RTL (take it from hebrew.php).

On quick look, I found two things:

1. Unlike what the change list claims, forum IDs are still used:
    http://img296.imageshack.us/my.php?image=needlessidan1.jpg
  2. The selection box is cut because it uses a static size (just make it empty and it'll be automatic):
    http://img479.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cutselectionnt2.jpg

Profile Email PM
lwc
 November 08 2006 08:22 AM  
Forum Full Poster
Full Poster

Spamx doesn't allow me to edit my former post anymore, so I'd like fix myself: useable=>unuseable (about the forum in RTL mode).

Speaking of the missing value for author in edit mode, while we're at it, isn't it better to have the user's ID in the value instead of their name?

Profile Email PM
Blaine
 November 08 2006 08:24 AM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Quote by: ironmax

I posted and replied on my system and tailored it to my likings. I have yet to find anything wrong with the forum in it overall operation. CSS is fairly new to me still and I have to say, that the brekaup of the CSS into a general plugin area for customization was a great idea. Who's brain child was that? Who's ever it was, NICE. As for the forum, I was able to get the horizontal scroll bar to disappear after turning off one block at a time and discovered I had same issues on my end in html programming. Although I had to resize the leftblock.thtml file for the search block from 180 to 170, it help alot in figuring out the scroll issue. Now everything is looking great all around. Great plugin(s) Blaine!!

Michael

PS...Will still continue to hammer on it.

Thanks Michael - appreciate the help as there are a lot of features and behaviours to check :thumbsup:

The plugin related CSS is something I added a couple versions back into GL Core and it's been evolving since then. The idea is that plugin developers should try to re-use or extend these CSS declarations as much as possible - keeping the CSS names very standard. This means that you can if you change or tweak the CSS once, it will theme all your plugins.

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
Laugh
 November 08 2006 08:51 AM  
Forum Senior
Senior

I'd just like to say the new plugin looks good. I really apreciate your efforts in this plugin and with geeklog in general.

The only thing I noticed so far (not a big deal) is that it would be nice to have a reply button at the bottom of the page (probably just a template thing). If I don't directly want to quote someone I have to scroll to the top to reply to the thread.

I also wanted to get your thinking on spam with geeklog the forum, comments, etc..

Do you feel that integrating Captcha into geeklog and allowing plugins access is the way to go? I believe it is...

My site use to allow anonymous posting etc... but with all the spam lately I had to disallow that. SpamX helps but it doesn't work 100% of the time. Since I killed anonymous posting my user participation has dropped dramatically :? . Also with new user submission enabled you can weed out some fake users but not all.

Just wanted your thoughts on the issue.

Thanks

Profile Email Website PM
Blaine
 November 08 2006 16:12 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Quote by: Jester

The only thing I noticed so far (not a big deal) is that it would be nice to have a reply button at the bottom of the page (probably just a template thing). If I don't directly want to quote someone I have to scroll to the top to reply to the thread.

I agree and have found the same while using it this week - I miss the reply button at the bottom and will add it back in.

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
Content generated in: 0.21 seconds

All times are CST. The time is now 05:13 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content