Forum Index > Geeklog > Forum Plugin Support New Topic
 Forum Version 2.6 Testing Feedback
 |  Printable Version
Blaine
 November 08 2006 16:22 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Quote by: Jester

I also wanted to get your thinking on spam with geeklog the forum, comments, etc..

Do you feel that integrating Captcha into geeklog and allowing plugins access is the way to go? I believe it is...

I have implemented the SPAMX plugin, Censorship, and Content filtering which is the same features the Core GL uses and there are other plugins that are available to also combat spam. I do think we will add a CAPTCHA feature to GL and when available I will seriously consider using it. I've created a number of sites that used CAPTCHA for registration and for some public sites it would be beneficial.

I would make it an option where once a site member becomes trusted (promoted by the site admin) they would no longer have to use the CAPTCHA test.

If you need this feature sooner - you may want to consider contacting me for a custom solution.

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
ironmax
 November 08 2006 22:28 PM  
Forum Big Cheese
Big Cheese

Okay here we go, first real bug I found. Even though its cosmetic..easy fix.

PHP Formatted Code

<!-- start centerblock.thtml -->
<!--{startblock}-->     <---Remove this Line, startblock and at the bottom
<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="pluginBG" style="border: 1px solid #C8DAF7; margin-bottom:10px;">
    <tr style="vertical-align:middle;">
        <td width="40%" class="pluginTitle alignleft" style="padding:4px;"><b>{LANG_FORUM}</b></td>
        <td width="40%" class="pluginTitle alignleft" style="padding:4px;"><b>{LANG_TOPIC}</b></td>
        <td width="20%" class="pluginTitle aligncenter" style="padding:4px;"><b>{LANG_LASTPOST}</b></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td colspan="3"><div style="background:transparent; width:100%; height:0px; border-top: 1px solid #C8DAF7;"></div></td>
    </tr>
        {block_records}
</table>
<!--{endblock}-->  <--Remove this line....
<!-- end centerblock.thtml -->

This was causing an error cosmetically with arrows in each of the center blocks on older themes that I converted to the new style.

Michael

Ironmax Your have the right to say whatever wish. But just as you may not open my door to say it, you also may not put it in my email box. Your rights end

Profile Email Website PM
Blaine
 November 08 2006 23:30 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

So far, I've had some great feedback from the testing team - much appreciated as they are helping smoke out a few issues :thumbsup:

Brief summary of the items fixed tonight

• Bug in the search found and fixed - thanks Mark :)
  • Page navigation not showing in the reply topic preview window and also navigation link was not complete
  • Added 'Reply Topic' and 'New Topic' to the bottom of the topic listing view
  • Big improvement to the SQL used in the viewtopic - eliminated many extra SQL queries
  • Fixed issue where silent edit option was not being read
  • Fixed issues with the 'notify me of replies' option ON/OFF - was not correctly adding/removing notify record
  • $editpid was not being filtered - thus would also be an issue if RegisterGlobals off
  • $notify was not being filtered - thus would also be an issue if RegisterGlobals off
  • Fixed issue with detecting readonly forum and not showing the new topic and reply links
  • Fixed issue where anonymous users were seeing the icons to indicate un-read topics
  • Tweaks to the CSS

I'm most pleased with the SQL tunning that I've did tonight in viewtopic.php eliminating 10 SQL lookup queries and 1 major UNION. I meant to do this part sooner as it was part of my SQL tuning that I did earlier.

I've applied these updates to this site and expect the team to find more. I'll distribute an update to the testing team this weekend.

Note items like the size of the select dropdown width are controlled in the templates and under user control.

• Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
    lwc
     November 09 2006 04:07 AM  
    Forum Full Poster
    Full Poster

Forum IDs are still used.

The selection box may be controlled via CSS, but the bottom line is it's cut (as you saw in the screenshot).

Author name in post mode is still value=name instead of value=uid.
    It's also still empty in edit mode (not even "").
    And still after I edit it takes me to this topic's page 1 instead of to the latest post's page.

Profile Email PM
    Casper
     November 11 2006 16:57 PM  
    Forum Senior
    Senior

Hi Blaine

If interested I could contribute with testing on IIS.

And noticed two things on your layout here:
    Navigation links missing at the top of the pages ( first 1|2|3 last)
    Timestamp for each post missing.
    At least its my preference to have those two in the future :)

Profile Email PM
    Content generated in: 0.25 seconds

All times are CDT. The time is now 02:04 AM.
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    View Anonymous Posts 
    Anonymous users can post 
    Filtered HTML Allowed 
    Censored Content