PortalParts.com Site

Forum Index > Geeklog > Forum Plugin Support New Topic Post Reply
 Forum Version 2.6RC3
 |  Printable Version
Blaine
 January 31 2007 13:00 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

You can re-enable it with phpmyadmin - edit the plugins table record for the forum and set pi_enabled = 1

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
kitti2x
 January 31 2007 15:04 PM  
Forum Newbie

thank you! that's actually what i did a couple of minutes ago. i thought i was really gonna be busted cause i dont have a direct access with our sites DB, but then I figured out how to make an entry by the use of phpmyadmin :mrgreen:

thanks for the reply anyway!

I know there might be other guys who might have the same problem and you have just given the best way! :shakehands:

by the way, you made a really great forum hope you'll continue to make it better. GOod Luck!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Profile Email PM
hobbin
 January 31 2007 20:57 PM  
Forum Newbie

Hi Blain, first of all thanks for your efforts on this great forum software, Im looking foreward to trying the other plugins, keep it up!

I decided to install the RC3 forum software a few days ago, and came across a combination of settings resulting in two forum user blocks showing up at the same time.

It can be reproduced by adding user.forum permission to 'Logged-in Users' using the 'Group Access Block' and setting the forum block's group to 'all users'.

When a user is not logged in a forum user block shows up at the top. Then when the 'Forum Index' or 'Popular Topics' item is selected, a forum access error is generated from the forum scripts. If the 'Site Members' item is selected a second forum user block shows up with the access error from geeklog.
Now when a user is logged in, a second forum user block shows up at the top when selecting any of the items in the correct forum user block.

This can be worked around by setting the forum block's group to 'Logged-in Users'.

Regards,

Sanne

Profile Email PM
Blaine
 February 04 2007 13:55 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Quote by: Jester

Thanks for the hard work Blaine,

I just upgraded the forum on my test server from forum 2.5rc3, GL 1.4.1

The upgrade completed successful.

2 things I noticed:

1) In the gl_forum_settings table the column allow_html_sig was still therr and caused the admin settings to error on save (all other table structures looked fine). Now since I am the only one who reported this error, this leads me to believe that this is probably an upgrade error on my part from an older forum version.

2) When a anonymous user replies to a message in the forum, the options row is displayed (under the CAPTCHA) even when there is nothing in it (I have HTML post mode disabled)

I was able to duplicate and address the first issue - thanks :thumbsup:
Not able to re-produce the second one. Do you see the issue on my site or on geeklog.net?

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
Laugh
 February 04 2007 18:31 PM  
Forum Senior
Senior

Quote by: Blaine

Quote by: Jester

Thanks for the hard work Blaine,

I just upgraded the forum on my test server from forum 2.5rc3, GL 1.4.1

The upgrade completed successful.

2 things I noticed:

1) In the gl_forum_settings table the column allow_html_sig was still therr and caused the admin settings to error on save (all other table structures looked fine). Now since I am the only one who reported this error, this leads me to believe that this is probably an upgrade error on my part from an older forum version.

2) When a anonymous user replies to a message in the forum, the options row is displayed (under the CAPTCHA) even when there is nothing in it (I have HTML post mode disabled)

I was able to duplicate and address the first issue - thanks :thumbsup:
Not able to re-produce the second one. Do you see the issue on my site or on geeklog.net?

Regarding the 2nd issue. I can't confirm it on geeklog.net because they have html mode enabled for anonymous users and you can't post on your form without logging in. All I can say is that the options row is still visible even when there are no checkboxes on my forum. I haven't modified the forum in any way except to cahnge some of the colors.

I did find another issue. If you check off allow html. All forum messages that originally had the html mode enabled now show any html code in it, including any smile icons IMG html code. I would think that the Allow HTML setting of the forum should only affect new messages and not messages already in the system.

:D I really like the speed increase of this forum over the previous version. I notice it loading about 3 times faster on long topics.

Profile Email Website PM
Content generated in: 0.22 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 04:29 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content