PortalParts.com Site

Forum Index > Geeklog > glMenu New Topic Post Reply
 Installing GL Menu 3.0
 |  Printable Version
Blaine
 June 17 2008 22:50 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Version 3.1 with support for GL 1.5 and the new links plugin is now available in the downloads.

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
beewee
 June 18 2008 04:00 AM  
Forum Full Poster
Full Poster

Yeah, I noticed and tried it right away. Unfortunately, I'm still having the same problem:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/myusername/domains/mydomain.com/gl15/plugins/glmenu/glmenu.class.php on line 170

To be sure, I've deleted all old files before I downloaded, uploaded and installed the new plugin. Disabling the Links plugin didn't help either.

I'm running php 4.3, could that be the problem?

Profile Email Website PM
Blaine
 June 18 2008 07:44 AM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Yep, looks like the issue is PHP 4 - but I have a fix for you that you can try.

I am using a PHP5 feature to define the visibility of the classes but fortunately, there is no issue removing the public attribute to the function name on that line 170. Also, you will fine a few lines down a 2nd place that public is used. Remove those 2 lines and I believe the plugin should work.

Profile Email Website PM
beewee
 June 18 2008 08:20 AM  
Forum Full Poster
Full Poster

Pff, I'm a complete idiot with php, so that was a bit tricky for me.

I commented out the two public functions, and got one step further. Now the /style/css.php gave the same problem. Commented out the public functions over there as well, and than the same error was returned by the private functions. If I delete these too, there's nearly no code left, and I guess you didn't put that functions there for fun...

I'll try another solution: the testsite is running php4, but the production site will be running php5. I'll wait for the new setup.

Profile Email Website PM
Blaine
 June 18 2008 08:37 AM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Sorry, I was trying to offer a quick solution and did not investigate further or recall imediately if I had used the private/public in more places. As I contrinue to use more PHP5, it's really becoming more 2nd nature now when coding as it's a far better PHP version to use.

Guess I will need to add a PHP5 only statement to the requirements. We have been debating when GL would start to require PHP5 since PHP4 has been obsolete since 12-31-2007.

Profile Email Website PM
Content generated in: 0.25 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 05:15 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content