PortalParts.com Site

Forum Index > Geeklog > glMenu New Topic Post Reply
 glmenu menu configuration missing parts?
 |  Printable Version
worldfooty
 January 17 2009 10:09 AM  
Forum Full Poster
Full Poster

Ah, that's a handy tip. But it shows I'm not using menu.css or promenu.css, instead headermenu.css and blockmenu.css:

PHP Formatted Code
<!-- Begin glmenu from www.portalparts.com Javascript and CSS includes -->

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.worldfootynews.com/layout/professional/glmenu/cssmenu/headermenu.css">

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.worldfootynews.com/layout/professional/glmenu/cssmenu/blockmenu.css">
<style>
#resp { font-family:courier;margin:10px;padding:5px;border:1px solid #ccc;background:#fff;}
#yui-picker-panel {visibility:hidden;}
.colorpicker { position:relative;  top:-1px;  padding:2px 10px  }
</style>
<!-- End glMenu includes -->

So it still has the same area when I try to update record after changing any of the colours (although it still seems to take effect). Just to prove I'm not crazy (not sure if I'm trying to prove it to you or me!), here's a screenshot from Filezilla showing the permissions on that folder:

And I still have the problem that I can't see options for Block Background, which is still orange (see www.worldfootynews.com) and should be available according to this image:

http://www.portalparts.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=glmenu_3.0#menu_configuration

Or is that image for an older version and it can't be changed through the GUI anymore?

Thanks for your patience.

I'm off to bed for a few hours.

Profile Email PM
Blaine
 January 17 2009 14:51 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

It is headermenu.css and blockmenu.css - I was looking at an older site.

Verify that these files are being updated with to save the config - the timestamp for example.
Assuming your using the professional theme - as your html source indicated, then the color changes should be taking effect.

You need to select the theme in the menuconfig - but I see you have professional selected.

Select default from that dropdown and try setting the menu colors for the default theme selection.

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
worldfooty
 January 17 2009 19:12 PM  
Forum Full Poster
Full Poster

Yes, using professional theme, and css menu.

I understand what you're saying, that it's actually headermenu.css and blockmenu.css that I want. Odd that the error clearly said that it was menu.css that it couldn't write to (maybe an old hardwired error message?)

So I looked at headermenu.css and blockmenu.css and they don't actually need to be created, they are in the glmenu release.

However, their access was read only. So I have set them to write as well. Then tried changing colours, and it took effect (as before) but now no error message (good!). So I set the bar to black, which is what it is now.

However, I tried changing to default theme instead of professional, and that should have a grey bar according to the colorpicker, but it remains black on my site.

Profile Email PM
Blaine
 January 17 2009 21:03 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Make sure you are clearing your browser cache.

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
worldfooty
 January 18 2009 04:50 AM  
Forum Full Poster
Full Poster

My understanding is that ctrl-r does that for Firefox, so that's what I'm doing.

I realise now some of the confusion earlier in my posts. I changed the header background colour to purple, as a test, and the menu stayed the same, but at the far right, where the menu was empty, it changed to purple. The rest stayed orange. So I assumed there was a separate setting for the orange, and looking at that wiki instructions image, I could see orange on there in the block background section, so I thought that was the one I wanted and was missing from my options. But in fact it was the separate Block Menu settings and nothing to do with my Header Menu problem. The layout in the image being different to the latest version kind of added to my confusion. Glad that is sorted.

Now as to why part turned purple and part stayed orange, presumably that was to do with either the cache or the write error problem and the default theme. I've since made it black and it looked fine, black header and black extra bit at the end. But just to add to the confusion, my partner sitting with her laptop using IE tells me that the end bit is grey for her! I looked using IE on my laptop and it was black and black. So we both cleared our caches and did F5 and we both get black and grey at the end. So I went to the default theme, saw the header background is grey there, and set it to black. F5 and now it's black and black for both of us. So it seems the default theme controls any spill over at the end, and professional controls the part of the menu that is actually occupied. I don't get why, I would've thought professional over-rode everything else, but at least I know how to make it work for me now!

Having said all that, I'm switching to procss instead, I like the contiguous menu. So I've just had to set the privileges on those files in the procssmenu folder.

Profile Email PM
Content generated in: 0.23 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 02:09 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content