PortalParts.com Site

Forum Index > Geeklog > glMenu New Topic Post Reply
 glmenu menu configuration missing parts?
 |  Printable Version
worldfooty
 January 18 2009 06:46 AM  
Forum Full Poster
Full Poster

I've also taken the liberty of swapping the colours upside down for the procss menu bar, so that darker is at the top, which matches my logo. Of course then I had to re-swap the arrows. And do that in the hover versions as well.

Just a shame that it's all lined up wrong under Firefox 3, but I think that might be to do with a problem with the banner I put on my site - apparently with Safari on a Mac the whole page is shifted over a screen width to the right - very ugly. However it looks okay with Safari on Windows Vista, so It's going to be very hard for me to diagnose.

I assume I stuffed up the css somewhere in the professional header.thtml or style.css files (it was the first time I'd ever seen one). But that's another story I should investigate further myself.

Profile Email PM
worldfooty
 January 18 2009 16:22 PM  
Forum Full Poster
Full Poster

And I've fixed that too. My header container in style.css was 1 pixel too narrow in height to fit my logo and padding, so different browsers handled it differently. Firefox started the procssmenu immediately right of my logo, IE started a new line ok, and Safari on a Mac pushed the enter page to the right of the logo and Safari on Windows started a new line but left somehow moved part of the menu up by that 1 pixel.

I think they're all fixed now thanks to 1 pixel extra space. At last I've upgrade to GL 1.5.1 and I have a nicer more structured Header Menu.

Profile Email PM
Blaine
 January 18 2009 17:25 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Your making good progress on your site. If you want the submenu (drop menu) for the header to be wider, then you can edit the CSS but change the headermenu_css.thtml as that is the master file used to re-create a new headermenu.css.

Example, the code below is for the procss menu style and I've tweaked the width

CSS Formatted Code

#nav :hover ul.sub {
  left:1px;
  top:38px;
  background: {headersubmenu_bgcolor};
  padding:3px;
  border:1px solid #0b4d97;
  white-space:nowrap;
  width:150px;
  height:auto;
  z-index:300;
}
#nav :hover ul.sub li {
  display:block;
  height:20px;
  position:relative;
  float:left;
  width:110px;
  font-weight:normal;
}
#nav :hover ul.sub li a {
  display:block;
  font-size:11px;
  height:18px;
  width:145px;
  line-height:18px;
  text-indent:5px;
  color:{headersubmenu_fgcolor};
  text-decoration:none;
  white-space:nowrap;
}

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
worldfooty
 January 19 2009 08:38 AM  
Forum Full Poster
Full Poster

Ah, I worked that out myself thanks before reading this.... except I didn't do the headermenu_css.thtml file, so thanks for the reminder.

I'll move on to the menu block on the side in a few days - better catch up on some sleep and write some more articles first!

Profile Email PM
Content generated in: 0.19 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 04:35 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content