PortalParts.com Site

Forum Index > Geeklog > Misc Projects New Topic Post Reply
 Hi Blaine... Got the plugin... Problem during install....
 |  Printable Version
kilerb
 March 18 2008 22:30 PM (Read 15330 times)  
Forum Senior
Senior

Continued from our other forum chat at geeklog... :)

Quote by: Blaine

Brian, I'm suprised you did not try to contact me on my site. Anyways, you will see a download link on the plugin purchase page if logged in. The 'purchase' link turns into a 'download' link.

The product page will also indicate for you when you purchased it as well as that info will appear in your profile (only for the logged in member viewing their own profile)

Gotcha... Thanks so much. I got it. Did all the install procedures up to step 8 or so. The place where you copy the text doesn't have the EXACT text that you have in the instructions but I think I put it in the right place.

I got this error after I hit the install button...

An error has occurred:
2 - fopen(/var/www/vhosts/socalstandup.com/httpdocs/oasis/logs/error.log) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied @ /var/www/vhosts/socalstandup.com/httpdocs/signup/lib-common.php line 1807

Profile Email PM
Blaine
 March 18 2008 23:29 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Just what the error is saying, you don't have write permissions set for the Geeklog error.log file. I'm surprised, you have not seen that error before as any plugin install or geeklog error will try to write to that file.

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
kilerb
 March 18 2008 23:41 PM  
Forum Senior
Senior

Well, when I installed it, I set the permissions to 775. Then while installing a couple times it gave me errors for a certain directory and I'd just switch that particular directory to 777 and the install would continue. So, I still don't have any other directories or files at 777 and didn't put them there because I figured it was more secure at 775 and left them there. So, should I set all those directories at 775 to 777?

I'll try changing that one and install again.

Profile Email PM
kilerb
 March 19 2008 00:05 AM  
Forum Senior
Senior

I did get the plugin to successfully install after changing the permissions on the error file. But now when I click the event manager link it takes me to my websites directory at /admin/plugins/registration/index.php and I get a HTTP 500 error - The website cannot display the page. The file index.php is there, but the web can't see it for some reason. What should I do?

Thanks!

Profile Email PM
Blaine
 March 19 2008 08:10 AM  
Forum Admin
Admin

You may want to check your web server logs but that error is typically related to the web server not having access to the requested file or it not being in the correct directory.

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
Content generated in: 0.27 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CST. The time is now 05:33 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content