PortalParts.com Site

Forum Index > Geeklog > Misc Projects New Topic Post Reply
 Hi Blaine... Got the plugin... Problem during install....
 |  Printable Version
Blaine
 March 19 2008 11:59 AM  
Forum Admin
Admin

The setting $_CONF['event_types'] is now in the calendar plugins config.php - it used to be in the site main config.php. It should already exist and you just need to update it.

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
kilerb
 March 19 2008 12:10 PM  
Forum Senior
Senior

Quote by: Blaine

The setting $_CONF['event_types'] is now in the calendar plugins config.php - it used to be in the site main config.php. It should already exist and you just need to update it.

Thanks Blaine.... Got it. I just went to the calendar admin area and made my first event. I must have messed up on a step because I don't see the event under the event registration link on the left side so I can't set max attendees etc...

Thanks!

Profile Email PM
kilerb
 March 19 2008 12:52 PM  
Forum Senior
Senior

Figured out what was wrong. Had a space before "open mic" on one config.php and not on the other. It's there now.

Now I just have to move geeklog and i think i'm set!

By the way Blaine, I was wondering if you could give me some advice... I installed geeklog soley based on the fact that I wanted to use this event plugin. I'd like people to see the event I have planned ASAP when getting to the site. What links would you suggest adding or taking away to make that most visible and easy to find for visitors? I am using this site to have people signup online for a comedy open mic and everything else is secondary. So the easier it is to find an event, the better...

Thanks!

Profile Email PM
Blaine
 March 19 2008 13:39 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

You might want to create a staticpage - can even take up the complete front page if you make it a centerblock one. In that content, describe the event, use pictures to make it pretty and include a link to the calendar event.

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
kilerb
 March 19 2008 13:43 PM  
Forum Senior
Senior

I've been playing with it for half an hour now. I added that groupaccess modification, but it seems no matter what I do, I can't make it so a logged in user can actually see an event I made. I can see it, but not a regular user. There's no link for the calendar that I can see, and I don't see the ability to add that block automatically. It does say "Events" for my user when I log in, but it says "no events are currently available..." I made it visible to anyone I think. Any ideas?

Thanks again

Profile Email PM
Content generated in: 0.19 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 03:55 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content