PortalParts.com Site

Forum Index > Geeklog > General Geeklog New Topic Post Reply
 Problem Installing Plugins
 |  Printable Version
berto
 February 14 2007 00:57 AM  
Forum Big Cheese
Big Cheese

I got interested in geeklog a couple of years ago but did not get far, gave up because of things I could not figure out.. a couple of months ago I decided to look into it again and this time I would figure out what I could about installing... I ran into similar issues while using phpbridge... that installed fine but when trying to install other plugins would run into the same issue you mentioned.. so I decided to go with things that are more or less made for geeklog.. so I switched over to forum which got me to purchase messenger (and glmenu ) I then put a geeklog folder together then put all the plugins I want to use in place... created my data base installed geeklog. went to the admin page and had all the plugins listed and ready to install.. hit install one after the other. within 5 minutes the whole site was up.... from what I am seeing so far a lot of people have similar errors but the fixes or causes can be different... one time my issue was in the database another time somewhere else. what you might wish to try is put together a geeklog.. put the plugins you want in place make sure everything is ready to go and see if it all installs.

I have used the newest geeklog, forum, messenger, glmenuV2, mediagallery,fimemgt . all I had to do to install was change the main config.php and lib-common.php then click install .. really easy and everything installed great.. so maybe if you try that with all that you need you might be able to narrow down some more of where your problem lies..

ps I have used phpBB2 for a long time.. moving over to forum was a hard choice but I did it to see if that would help me and I know installing is a lot easier now and I am starting to love the forum.. sorry I can't help with the exact reason for why this is happening but from what I have seen there could be numerous places so trying a fresh install all at once on a new database might help you like it did me..

it's camp Walker time again!

Profile Email PM
cspires
 February 14 2007 19:21 PM  
Forum Full Poster
Full Poster

Hey Berto,

Thanks for the reply. I made that post ages ago and everything is working fine for me now. I appreciate the effort though. Knowing me, back then, I probably overlooked the most obvious (and simple) of things. I honestly don't remember what I did to fix the problem it was so long ago, but whatever I did it worked! (Probably actually read the directions! :doh: ) Woot!

-Chris

www.themidnightorder.com

Profile Email Website PM
berto
 February 17 2007 03:08 AM  
Forum Big Cheese
Big Cheese

Howdy cspires :
been doing too much lately and not paying attention... sorry hadn't notice how long since you posted.... I have found things really simple to install it's just keeping me out of them once done ( I tend to see what I can and cannot do and end up breaking things big time ;-) The new plugins seem to install so much easier than those of the past . I know I go through all posts looking for clues to my woes... so maybe my dribble might help someone... ;-) take care my friend !

berto

it's camp Walker time again!

Profile Email PM
Content generated in: 0.16 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CST. The time is now 05:02 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content