PortalParts.com Site

Forum Index > Geeklog > General Geeklog New Topic Post Reply
 Error with FCK editor for admin users only in GL1.4.1
 |  Printable Version
kb74
 January 16 2007 04:51 AM (Read 7080 times)  
Forum Big Cheese
Big Cheese

I am testing GL1.4.1 on an offline site before upgrading my online site and are getting the following errorswhen trying to create a new static page:

(Admin only error)
Toolbar set "editor-toolbar 3" doesn't exist

I also get the same error (as Admin only, works fine for non root users) when trying to contribute a story:

Toolbar set "editor-toolbar 1" doesn't exist

Any suggestions on why this is occuring :?: These errors did not exist in GL1.4.0sr5, nor did I get these errors with a custom mod Blaine did for me for GL1.3.11 in early 2006 before FCK became part of GL (The mod was for stories only).

Everything else seems to be working fine with GL1.4.1 other than FCK on my system. Great work on this version to all the GL team.

:shakehands:

Thanks in advance

Kev

You can make a difference! Do it today.

Profile Email Website PM
Blaine
 January 16 2007 19:19 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

I'm assuming you have replaced the complete fckeditor directory and files under your public_html with the new GL 1.4.1 version. You should have a myconfig.js file in the fckeditor directory where the toolbars are defined.

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
kb74
 January 17 2007 05:24 AM  
Forum Big Cheese
Big Cheese

Quote by: Blaine

I'm assuming you have replaced the complete fckeditor directory and files under your public_html with the new GL 1.4.1 version. You should have a myconfig.js file in the fckeditor directory where the toolbars are defined.

Your ussumption is correct. I couldn't work out why this was happening so I deleted all my existing files and upload all the new ones instead of copying over the existing, and I still got the same errors.

I checked to make sure all the files are there and they are including the myconfig.js. I can see the three toolbars in there, and can only assume it is all correct as it is being found for everyone but admins.

Everything else seems to be working fine with GL1.4.1 on my setup.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated as this is a great function that I would really like to get working. Up until GL1.4.0 I was using your custom mod you did for me Blaine which worked fine. All went bellyup with GL1.4.1. All will work out in the end I do feel. :D

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kev

Profile Email Website PM
Blaine
 January 17 2007 08:02 AM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Does this issue occur using the default professional theme and do you still have some of the modified code in place?

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
kb74
 January 17 2007 15:10 PM  
Forum Big Cheese
Big Cheese

Hi Blaine

I deleted all files including themes and installed straight out of the GL1.4.1 tarball because I thought I might have had custom mods lingering.

I am going to do this process all over again to be sure.

Have a nice day

Kev :shakehands:

Profile Email Website PM
Content generated in: 0.19 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 05:23 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content