PortalParts.com Site

Forum Index > Geeklog > General Geeklog New Topic Post Reply
 mycal help
 |  Printable Version
twolf
 April 10 2007 19:13 PM (Read 7087 times)  
Forum Big Cheese
Big Cheese

installed the new plugin on gl 1.4.1

no events entered yet. I clicked on a date, i.e. april 16, and it searched for * and got forum results and everything...isn't it supposed to just look at that day on the main calendar and events for that day and show them? and if nothing on that day say not events or something? not search the whole site with a wildcard character?...t

Profile Email PM
Blaine
 April 11 2007 08:45 AM  
Forum Admin
Admin

No it's doing what it was designed to do - show a member if there has been any site activity on a certain date. I can as a user just see by looking at the caledar if there has been any activity and then click on a date to get a report.

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
twolf
 April 11 2007 11:58 AM  
Forum Big Cheese
Big Cheese

Ok I understand that after looking in the script, but it does not matter what day i click on it shows all activity from way back when to now....not just that day's stuff. it shows all all posts in the forum even from last year. is that normal?

Is there anyway to // out the searching of everything except the calendar events? Or a way to make it search just for things happening, posted, etc on that day only, that was clicked? www.calvarychapelasheville.org is the site and if you click a day on the calendar it brings up ALL the posts in the forum(not many at this time...thanks

One other question, any idea on if there is and where I can get and upcoming events plugin? The one I had quit after install to 1.4.1 update..hahah..thanks blaine..t

Profile Email PM
Blaine
 April 11 2007 13:12 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

I guess 1 question at a time. Are you using the latest version of the mycal plugin v2.6

The upcoming events block is a feature of the calendar plugin - part of the core. Did you delete the block?

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
twolf
 April 11 2007 13:26 PM  
Forum Big Cheese
Big Cheese

yes using your final 2.6

i had a previous version of the events block worked fine till i upgraded to GL1.4.1 and and calendar 2.6, the upcoming events just disappeared.

Am curious about the upcoming version having the upcoming events with it...the upcoming version of what? GL? Calendar plugin?

I had read where Dirk said that the upcoming events, to show how many days to show was in the config.php, but looked in the GL config php file and did not find it..thanks..t

Profile Email PM
Content generated in: 0.22 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 05:29 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content