PortalParts.com Site

Forum Index > Assorted > Site Announcements New Topic Post Reply
 What's wrong with your Photos?
 |  Printable Version
Rocky
 January 19 2003 00:55 AM (Read 6712 times)  
Forum Big Cheese
Big Cheese

I clicked on Photos and saw "Hacked by BTB." What does that mean? Was it really hacked? What version of Gallery is that? Should we all GL and Gallery users be concerned?

Sam

Profile Email PM
Blaine
 January 19 2003 14:44 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Yeh -- it appears the gallery program was hacked. Someone overwrote my gallery/index.php file.

I was running version 1.3.1 of gallery and there had been several bugs reported and patches released. I fell behind - just got busy with other projects and my server has not been keeping up with the increasing load.

I've debated on upgrading or moving the site from my home based DSL service. I still am ..

Anyway, I've installed the latest release of gallery 1.3.3 and it is integrated again with Geeklog.

Please let me know if you see any new issues.

Cheers,
Blaine

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
ScottMcW
 January 20 2003 14:57 PM  
Forum Big Cheese
Big Cheese

Blaine, did the 1.3.1 to 1.3.3 upgrade go smoothly? I see that the gallery is now working, but was it as easy as that?

Also, I know this is a Gallery question but is there any reason why I couldn't put the Search box into the sub pages as well as the main one?

Thanks!

Scott

Profile Email Website PM
Blaine
 January 20 2003 18:26 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Scott,

The upgrade was pretty smooth. I also changed the directory location of my album so I had a few more changes to do but it was pretty straight forward - albeit I've played with this integation a few times.

Not sure about the gallery search feature. It may be nice to have the option of searching in just the existing album and sub albums or all albums. Yeh - its more a :question: for the gallery site.

Blaine

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
Anonymous: jeffrey
 January 20 2003 21:26 PM  

What would be sweet would be if the GL search mechanism also search the gallery text. I would love it if people could search on something and get images and stories back!

Content generated in: 0.19 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 09:25 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content