PortalParts.com Site

Forum Index > Geeklog > Forum Plugin Support New Topic Post Reply
 HTML mode display problem
 |  Printable Version
USARfans
 April 21 2009 18:32 PM (Read 1750 times)  
Forum Newbie

Whenever I insert a simple table into a forum post, using the basics of tables, rows, and data and setting the post to html mode - nothing any fancier than that, the table looks o.k., but it sticks a tons of blank space before the table is displayed.

If you go to this thread, and view the third post down, you will see what I mean.

http://www.usarfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=94&fromblock=yes

Any ideas?

Lou

update - sorry about posting this in the incorrect forum. I meant it to be in the forum plugin section, I just clicked the wrong area. If you would like to move it for me that would be great!

Profile Email PM
Blaine
 April 21 2009 20:58 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

How are you creating the table - manually or are you copy/paste from Word or another app?

Looking at the post html source, I see about 10 or more < br > tags - hense the empty lines.

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
USARfans
 April 22 2009 06:39 AM  
Forum Newbie

No <br> tags were used the html for the table in question. I started at the very top line of the post, and entered this code (I snipped out a few rows here for brevity)

PHP Formatted Code
<table>
<tr><td colspan=5>CAR</td></tr>                                                
<tr><td>NO.</td><td>DIV</td><td>DRIVER</td><td> CAR</td><td>HOMETOWN</td></tr>
<tr><td>1</td><td>N</td><td>Brett Butler</td><td>C</td><td>Snellville, GA</td></tr>
<tr><td>13</td><td>S</td><td>John Gibson</td><td>F</td><td>Statesville, NC</td></tr>
</table>

It is funny, that I enter the same html code here in this reply ( I tested it, then removed it and used the [code] function) and the extra lines are not apparent.

My site was a Geeklog 1.4.1, which was upgraded to 1.5.2 prior to adding the forum software, if that makes any difference. It was using the Professional theme before and after the upgrade as well.

Profile Email PM
Content generated in: 0.16 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CST. The time is now 05:17 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content