PortalParts.com Site

Forum Index > Geeklog > glMenu New Topic Post Reply
 submenus work in internet explorer but not firefox
 |  Printable Version
roc97007
 May 01 2009 22:06 PM (Read 2100 times)  
Forum Newbie

I put up a website for my daughter using geeklog 1.5.2, the Smooth Blue template, and glmenu. I've run into an odd situation. the menu (which is absurdly simple) works correctly in Internet Explorer 6, but in Firefox 3.0.10 the walking menus don't work. They *do* work when I use other templates, like Professional, Burning Memory and Clear Blue, but not Smooth Blue. It's probably a Javascript thing but I'm not sure where to start looking to correct it.

The URL: http://www.sailorspoon.com

Does anyone else have glmenu submenus working under the Smooth Blue template and Firefox?

Profile Email PM
roc97007
 May 03 2009 22:57 PM  
Forum Newbie

Fixed!

Another article mentioned that the walking menus only work in "strict" mode. That was the necessary hint. Looking at header.thtml, the professional theme had:

PHP Formatted Code
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">

...which was lacking in the Smooth Blue header.thtml. The readme.txt said that Smooth Blue should be strict compliant, but apparently this has to be declared in the header.

I suspect that glmenu is not going to work correctly in any template that doesn't have this line in the header.

Profile Email PM
beewee
 May 08 2009 04:29 AM  
Forum Full Poster
Full Poster

HTML transitional also works fine, but it has to be declared in the header indeed.

Profile Email Website PM
Content generated in: 0.11 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 02:09 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content