PortalParts.com Site

Forum Index > Geeklog > Forum Plugin Support New Topic Post Reply
 Chatterblock 3.1 1.4.1
 |  Printable Version
Lizard
 February 19 2010 18:40 PM (Read 1835 times)  
Forum Senior
Senior

All was going well until about an hour ago.

Here is what happened from the start:
I uploaded the files to my server and placed them all in the correct directories.
I installed the program successfully via the plugin page. I went to chatterblock settings to look at and change a few settings. When I clicked on save settings the screen went blank and I could not access any part of the site. I tried clicking the back button to disable the chatterblock or uninstall it, but the same thing happened again.

If anyone knows how to resolve this then please let me know.

I have tried a couple of things with the guys from Geeklog, but no luck.
I thought that everything was sorted out, but obviously not.

Lizard.

Profile Email PM
Lizard
 February 19 2010 19:21 PM  
Forum Senior
Senior

Tried changing chmod etc but no luck.

Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

I just wanted to thank you for your help.

I have been working on this project for two months now and I keep on getting different problems. It doesn't help when a certain MEMBER of Geeklog expects you to know what things mean when I am actually fairly new to this, but I guess they weren't to know.
This was my last try at the program. All was going really well today. Everything was working until I uploaded the Chatterblock. If I have these problems everytime I upload a new plugin then it is not going to work for my site as I am going to receive complaints every time. Sorry.

Thank you so much for your help and support. With respect to my customers and to keep my customer service levels high, I am now going to pass them on to another website who has a blog and forum that covers a similar subject to my site. Although many of my fans will be disappointed because no other site has what Geeklog has to offer, I would rather they got the customer service they deserve. After managing a very successful company I know how impotant customer service is to people.

Keep up the good work and thanks again for all of your help and support.

Lizard.

Profile Email PM
Lizard
 February 19 2010 22:44 PM  
Forum Senior
Senior

Hi guys, Problem Resolved.

I stuck it out for the rest of the morning and I now have my Geeklog site back up and running. I managed to figure it out from what was mentioned on Geeklog by the Member and Admin. It took a while but I worked out which file needed to be changed in the end.

I needed to go in to my geeklog/system/lib-plugins.php directory and change the following: "WHERE pi_enabled = 1"; I changed to WHERE pi_enabled = 0";
I could then get in to my admin plugins from the site and delete the chatterblock from the plugins.

As far as I know everything is now back to normal. I think I will leave the plugins alone for a bit. LOL.
Of course I have Blaine's glMessenger to purchase this weekend. Hopefully that will go ok.

I still do not know what caused it, but all is working again now. I hope this information will be of use to someone else incase it happens to them too.

Lizard.

Profile Email PM
Lizard
 February 19 2010 23:20 PM  
Forum Senior
Senior

Sorry. I just posted something stupid here!

I thought I had placed my topic under the wrong section.

What a night!

Speak soon.

Lizard.

Profile Email PM
Content generated in: 0.14 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 11:20 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content