PortalParts.com Site

Forum Index > Geeklog > Forum Plugin Support New Topic Post Reply
 New topic creation - no result
 |  Printable Version
ole968
 April 06 2010 10:31 AM (Read 6858 times)  
Forum Newbie

Hi everyone,

I've set up many geeklog sites in the past (past 5-6 years) and never had an issue that I couldn't fix myself.
Well, we all have our first time...

Here is my configuration:
PHP 5.2.5
MySQL 5.0.89
Geeklog 1.6.1
Forum 2.7.2 1.4.1

and other latest versions plugins: blog, captcha, faq, jQchat and mediagallery.

Here is the issue:
I have checked the placement of files (structure), permissions, everything is correct. Installed all plugins, everything works. Started adding forum categories, works, added forums, works... starting a new topic-inIE 500 error, firefox-blank page. It will not create new topic.

Any idea what is wrong?

Thanks

Profile Email PM
babystepseven
 April 24 2010 03:25 AM  
Forum Newbie

Fixing Warning: main(PHP/Compat.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

First, I went to http://pear.php.net/go-pear and save the php file on the screen as a php file to something like go-pear.php to your desktop.

Next ftp transfer your go-pear.php file to your hosting server (I used goDaddy) to a new folder and then run the php script by going to yoursitename/foldername/go-pear.php and clicking through the steps. I chose the graphical option and once PEAR was installed by following the steps I continued through the go-pear package managment and then added the 'pear.php.net PHP_Compat 1.6.0a2 (alpha) Provides components to achieve PHP version independance'

Once the PHP folder was created I moved it to the ........./system/pear/ so that there is now a ...../system/pear/PHP/ folder with the Compat folder and Compat.php.

There is probably a much simpler way to just download theh compat folder from pear.php.net somehow, but the above way worked.

That fixed that problem, but I think there may be more issues as now I'm getting
Warning: main(../lib-common.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory sometimes when I save, etc.

Profile Email PM
Content generated in: 0.08 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 12:21 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content