PortalParts.com Site

Forum Index > Geeklog > ChatterBlock Plugin Support New Topic Post Reply
 Chatterblock 3.0 Released
 |  Printable Version
Blaine
 November 10 2002 22:32 PM (Read 8627 times)  
Forum Admin
Admin

I finally finished all the features I wanted to add to the Chatterblock. It became a much larger project but I wanted to combine all my lessons learned to date and bring some new functionality not seen in other Geeklog addons. I converted the finished block to a plugin to make installation easy and not require users to edit any core Geeklog programs as blocks do. Specifically some of the new functionality includes: user defined settings, three display modes, smilies, Chatterlog and online configuration.

The three operating modes are:

1. Static: the original look with a fixed number of posts
  2. Smooth Scroller: View messages with a scroller to easily display more messages. Number of messages determined by the number of hours of history set.
  3. iframe - auto refresh mode: This mode allows the block to operate independent and refresh automatically without requiring a main page refresh.

Users can set the refresh interval and amount of history to show. Users will see a highlighted message at top of the Message window to indicate number of private messages. Using the iframe mode with popup alerts enabled and private messages enables a basic instant messaging on your site.

All of the these features can be configured online and disabled if the site admin so desires. If enabled, users can set their own preferences including operating mode, pop-ups and amount of history to view.

Another major new feature is the Chatterlog that allows you to page thru all the chatter history and even edit your last message. Site admins will use Chatterlog to manage the messages including bulk select of messages to archive or delete them.

Many new features and changes are detailed in the install document.

The archive may be downloaded from my site here or www.squatty.com.

Enjoy,
Blaine

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
Anonymous: Anonymous
 November 12 2002 03:09 AM  

HI ya,
Not a very serious one as my chatterblock 3 install was a dream. My problem is of a visual nature. I have a scroll bar (with no slider bar) at the bottom of the block, and it does not make a difference how big the chat block is expanded I can't get rid of it. Any ideas?

Blaine
 November 12 2002 08:24 AM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Glad to hear the install was clean. With respect to the horizontal scroller at the bottom, in my testing Operas default behaviour is to show this but Mozilla and IE don't.

What browser and platform are you using?

Blaine

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
 November 14 2002 00:39 AM  

How do you change the color to the one you are using--alternative background color for different entry.

November 14 2002 01:15 AM  

Found out the reason. Thanks anyway!

Content generated in: 0.25 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CST. The time is now 11:34 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content