PortalParts.com Site

Forum Index > Geeklog > ChatterBlock Plugin Support New Topic Post Reply
 Chatterblock SQL Error
 |  Printable Version
rjrufo
 January 20 2004 09:45 AM (Read 5654 times)  
Forum Full Poster
Full Poster

I have an error that I keep getting in the Chatterblock User Settings. I've search high and low for the cause, but can't seem to find it, and I was wondering if anyone has any idea.

The error message is :

Sun Jan 18 17:41:42 2004 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' newest_first=1 WHERE uid=2' at line 1. SQL in question: UPDATE gl_cb_userprefs SET history=86400,mode='iframe',static_lines=6, scroll_height=150, refresh_rate=10000,log_lines=20, popup_allowed=, newest_first=1 WHERE uid=2

It appears to me that the popup_allowed is the culprit, but I seem to be missing something when I try to find out why.

I'm a newbie to php, so there may be something simple that I'm overlooking. If anyone could possibly give me some direction to go in, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Profile Email PM
Blaine
 January 20 2004 09:59 AM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Verify that you have a popup_allowed field in your cb_userprefs table. Maybe this error is only occuring for one user and this field is somehow blank or null for that users record.

There will be a record for all users that have used the Chatterblock UserPreferences script at least once. I create if automatically if it does not exist. I create the new user record using the site defaults - the cb_userprefs record for uid=0. It's possible this record has a null or blank for the popup_allowed field.

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
rjrufo
 January 20 2004 10:41 AM  
Forum Full Poster
Full Poster

Thanks Blaine, but every user has a 1 in the popup_allowed field. The site isn't active yet, and I only have about five users, most of which are test users that I created to try various settings. Each user has the same result when I try to change the settings, even if I don't adjust the popup settings. I've also tried to disable the users from setting individual preferences, and that doesn't seem to make any changes to the User Functions block. I've cleared the cache on my main computer to try to reload the new settings, tried it on a few different computers, and several different browsers on each computer, still the same error.

Any other ideas?

Profile Email PM
Blaine
 January 20 2004 10:49 AM  
Forum Admin
Admin

So when does this error occur?

- When saving the user setting or when accessing the settings screen ?

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
rjrufo
 January 20 2004 14:54 PM  
Forum Full Poster
Full Poster

I'm sorry, I guess I didn't specify that. When saving the settings, regardless of whether I change the popup setting or not, I get the error message. I just added a new user from a friends computer to test it out, and the new user does the same thing.

Profile Email PM
Content generated in: 0.22 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CST. The time is now 11:28 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content