PortalParts.com Site

Forum Index > Geeklog > glQuiz New Topic Post Reply
 Things to work on for glQuiz
 |  Printable Version
suprsidr
 June 03 2004 20:28 PM (Read 7532 times)  
Forum Big Cheese
Big Cheese

It appears that when you try to create a quiz, it tells you what the correct answer is going to be.
My first quiz I created, of five questions I got 1 correct. And I know the answers. I tried to edit the answers and tell it which were the correct ones to no avail. Even when I entered all of the answers that glquiz had marked as correct I still only got 1 right.
I cannot believe I failed my own quiz.
Also the layout of the admin section could use some sprucing up as it was a little confusing. Some of the text fields were not under their appropriate columns.
Maybe it would be alot easier if the quiz admin was in columns like Poll, where you enter the quizname, questions and answers all on one page? With of course all values like quiz value, answer weight, CORRECT answer...
Maybe give a limit of ten questions with five answers for each, and if someone wants to change that they can edit config.php.

Profile Email Website PM
Blaine
 June 04 2004 22:27 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Quote by suprsidr: It appears that when you try to create a quiz, it tells you what the correct answer is going to be.
My first quiz I created, of five questions I got 1 correct. And I know the answers. I tried to edit the answers and tell it which were the correct ones to no avail. Even when I entered all of the answers that glquiz had marked as correct I still only got 1 right.
I cannot believe I failed my own quiz.

I'm not sure if your saying there is a problem or not.
Quote by suprsidr: Also the layout of the admin section could use some sprucing up as it was a little confusing. Some of the text fields were not under their appropriate columns.

Maybe you can send me a screen snapshot. I don't see the issue and maybe it's theme specific. A picture is always easier to see the issue.

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
suprsidr
 June 05 2004 15:18 PM  
Forum Big Cheese
Big Cheese

Sorry Blaine,
Yes there is a problem with quiz.
It won't let me choose which answer is the correct one. Even though I tell it that answer #4 is correct it ignores me and marks #2 as correct.
If you go to my site and take your Toronto quiz I'm sure you will fail. I did and I know the answers.
I was reading elsewhere in the forums about msql 4x not being supported. Well, I have 4.0.16 on a Windows IIS server to make matters worse.
Also should register_globals be on or off in php.ini?
(I always thought you should have them off)I had them off at first and was having all sorts of problems but now with them on problems are down but not gone. Like no messenger choices show up in user prefs. and user prefs. cause an sql error in chatterblock.
This is not my first geeklog site on this server but it has many problems that the others don't.
Just little things, but issues I would like to resolve anyhow.
But as for Quiz, my site goes live tomorrow and I would like to get it working properly. But no pressure.
Now I'm just rambling so I'll stop
Thanks

Profile Email Website PM
Blaine
 June 05 2004 15:23 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Register globals needs to be on for many parts of Geeklog. Because of this I don't test with it off but most of my code is not written to expect it to be on - I've just not tested with it off.

I also only develop with MySQL 3.32 since thats what most sits are running and what Geeklog is supported with.

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
suprsidr
 June 05 2004 15:30 PM  
Forum Big Cheese
Big Cheese

Oh I almost forgot - as for the admin section of quiz looking funny, it looks alot better when you apply the quiz css sorry about that.

Profile Email Website PM
Content generated in: 0.23 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 01:51 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content