PortalParts.com Site

Forum Index > Geeklog > glQuiz New Topic Post Reply
 Anonymous Access
 |  Printable Version
jacobus
 January 27 2005 04:25 AM (Read 2700 times)  
Forum Junior
Junior

Hi Blaine,

I don't know how to make Anonymous Access for the quiz-plugin possible. I expected to fix that in the config-file, but could'nt find it there. In the quiz-admin I made the quizes available for "all users". What do I have to do next?

By, Ko

Profile Email Website PM
Blaine
 January 27 2005 09:53 AM  
Forum Admin
Admin

How will you handle the results as you will not know what user has completed the quiz if you allow anonymous access. Guest users all have the same userid (1).

I don't believe that I am checking if you are a logged in user to take the quiz so you can probally add a block with a link to the quiz. The link to quizes does not show unless the user has the right 'quiz.user'. You could add that right to the core group "all users" using the "Group Access Tool" block that I wrote and available in my site downloads.

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
jacobus
 January 28 2005 12:53 PM  
Forum Junior
Junior

I think you are right Blaine and I will use the quiz-plugin as it is meant to be. I wanted to use the quiz-plugin as a simple knowledge test / promotion tool (on a business-portal), without the need to log in. The rate of registrated users is low on this kind of business portals. On the other hand plugins like the quiz-plugin can probably stimulate registration and will help in building a community around the products and services of a company.

Anyway, I now have an extra tool, the Group Access Block. Thanks, it works fine, just as the quiz-plugin :D

Profile Email Website PM
Content generated in: 0.19 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 11:36 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content