PortalParts.com Site

Forum Index > Geeklog > ChatterBlock Plugin Support New Topic Post Reply
 PM button and text submission box bug?
 |  Printable Version
Eric001
 March 29 2006 11:09 AM (Read 2316 times)  
Forum Senior
Senior

Blaine,

Thx for all your hard work on so many great plugins.

Quick Question: When anyone clicks the PM button in the iFrame window, it adds the "/tell username," text into the text input field, but when they try to move their cursor and click into the text input field to add the message, it clears out the "/tell username," text. Oddly though, if you repeat the above process a second time, it works as intended. Any thoughts?

This behavior has been replicated on all PM enabled iFrame mode Chatterblocks that I have seen. Does it have something to do with the iFrame and the fact that your screen focus is effectively in another browser window? or am I smoking too much :banana:

http://www.glfusion.org - synergy stability style

Profile Email PM
Blaine
 March 29 2006 19:01 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Sounds like it could be a bug - I personally have no use for the PM feature and us glMessenger.

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
Eric001
 March 31 2006 10:34 AM  
Forum Senior
Senior

Ok... well, I personally have a use for the PM feature of the chatterblock... I have looked into glMessenger, and while it is a very robust tool, it will be overkill for what I want to accomplish on my family website (some family members are not as tech savvy as others when it comes to computer skills.) :wink:

So, what it sounds like you're telling me is "yes, it sounds like a bug, but I don't want to fix it. I would rather try to upsell you" or "yes, it sounds like a bug, I have an idea what could be wrong, but I don't want to point you in that direction, cause I want to try to upsell you" or "yes, it sounds like a bug, but I have no idea where the bug could be, so I'd rather not try to look into it."

Please don't get me wrong, I totally understand that the PM function of the chatterblock is still workable, and I know that refining old code is not exactly the highest on your priority list, but a little more information would be helpful :thumbsup: Please?

It just felt like your response was a little terse and curt.

http://www.glfusion.org - synergy stability style

Profile Email PM
Content generated in: 0.19 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 09:07 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content