PortalParts.com Site

Forum Index > Geeklog > Forum Plugin Support New Topic Post Reply
 Forum Version 2.6 Final released.
 |  Printable Version
Blaine
 March 25 2007 15:14 PM (Read 8264 times)  
Forum Admin
Admin

I have now released the final release candidate for version 2.6. I've updated this site to use the latest version and made updated the download. This is the final release. The archive includes details on the changes.

If you were running a previous RC for v2.6, there are no database changes so no reason to run the plugin update. Just update all of the plugin files.

Please report your feedback and testing results in this topic

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
Laugh
 April 01 2007 05:14 AM  
Forum Senior
Senior

I upgraded to the final version of the forum (from RC4) a few days after your release. I just found a small issue. I was moving a topic from a private forum back to a public forum and I received a message that an error was recorded to the logs. I haven't moved a topic for a while so I don't know if this error was happening in the release candidates.

04/01/07 06:02:56 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE forum_id=6' at line 1. SQL in question: UPDATE gl_forum_forums SET last_post_rec= WHERE forum_id=6

The topic was moved to the new forum fine but something obviously wasn't upgrade correctly.

Just thought I'd let you know.

Profile Email Website PM
Laugh
 April 05 2007 10:48 AM  
Forum Senior
Senior

Another small issue I found when modifying the css for the forum. The class of the link to the username of the forum post is being returned as class="authorname 1" and class="authorname 2".

I can't fix it in the topic.html since the entire a tag is being passed via {userlink}.

Profile Email Website PM
Laugh
 April 05 2007 16:34 PM  
Forum Senior
Senior

Just found one more, I did an advance search for

you're

and recieved the following sql error:

04/05/07 17:30:00 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 're%' OR subject LIKE '%you're%') ORDER BY date DESC LIMIT 0,10' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT id,name,forum,date,subject,comment,views,uid FROM gl_forum_topic WHERE 1=1 AND (comment LIKE '%you're%' OR subject LIKE '%you're%') ORDER BY date DESC LIMIT 0,10

Thanks for your work on this plugin.

Profile Email Website PM
Blaine
 April 05 2007 20:31 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Hi Laugh,

Thanks for the reports - just sorry it missed the cut off for the last release :wink:

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
Content generated in: 0.22 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 09:48 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content