PortalParts.com Site

Forum Index > Geeklog > General Geeklog New Topic Post Reply
 FCKeditor and older themes
 |  Printable Version
ironmax
 April 07 2007 16:37 PM (Read 7064 times)  
Forum Big Cheese
Big Cheese

Blaine,

I've been getting request as to why the advanced editor is not working properly in the older themes. I have not come up with any answers that would solve the problem of the navbar not working as intended within the editor. My guess is that its a javascript issue...any ideas and solutions would be great..

Michael

Ironmax Your have the right to say whatever wish. But just as you may not open my door to say it, you also may not put it in my email box. Your rights end

Profile Email Website PM
Blaine
 April 08 2007 08:34 AM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Send me a link to one of your themes in question and I will take a look. It's not something I'm going to be able to just know without spending time on it.

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
ScurvyDawg
 April 08 2007 12:25 PM  
Forum Senior
Senior

http://www.spacequad.com/filemgmt/viewcat.php?cid=53

the top one three lions does not work well with 1.4.1 at all

I am unable to get the advanced editor working with the theme at all.

thanks

Profile Email Website PM
ironmax
 April 08 2007 13:40 PM  
Forum Big Cheese
Big Cheese

Yep...thats the one I was refering to...Three_Lions. Its strange though...I took a look at the plain theme and it seemed to work fine with the editor just fine. So its definatly the theme in question...there seems to be something missing or misconfigured within the files someplace and I can't figure it out...I'd hate to put out updates without everything working as intended.

Michael

Ironmax Your have the right to say whatever wish. But just as you may not open my door to say it, you also may not put it in my email box. Your rights end

Profile Email Website PM
Blaine
 April 08 2007 16:45 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

I found a number of issues but have the editor now working.

• Duplicate template vars in the header.thtml so the advanced editor JS and plugin JS includes were being loaded twice.
  • Updated the admin/storyeditor_advanced.thtml. Was not the issue but there were many template differences so it would have effected other operations
  • Updated the advanced_editor_header.thtml file - I believe this was the main issue
  • Cleaned up the header.thtml and removed all the CSS styles that were included. Moved the styles to the style.css file. It was noted these styles were included in the header.thtml file to set the full path of the used images using the {site_url} template var -- but thats not necessary if you use a path to the image that is relative to where the browser is loading the style.css from.

You can get the updated theme here - it still needs more work to be fully 1.4.1 compliant but it's closer.

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
Content generated in: 0.23 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 10:11 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content