PortalParts.com Site

Forum Index > Community > General Chat New Topic Post Reply
 Event manager Plugin
 |  Printable Version
trampoline
 April 22 2007 09:58 AM (Read 2053 times)  
Forum Big Cheese
Big Cheese

I didn't see a forum for this.
I am potentially interested in this plugin.
but...
1/ Can various groups be made so Group1 can see events only for group 1 ?
2/ can users be assigned rights to create events for the above groups and not others they should have no access to ?
3/ You have some kind of Pay Pal integration here... Is that too hard to set up as a plugin or... could that also be integrated ???

Thanks....

Profile Email PM
Blaine
 April 22 2007 16:29 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

The event registration plugin relies on the core GL calendar plugin. You still create the events via the calendar plugin so you can use the access rights that events have now.

What the EventRegistration plugin adds, is the ability to track the registration of members to these events. Members get a link by the event to "register me".

I use a modified version of the paypal plugin that Vinny wrote for my site. There is no present hook to require site members to pay before signing up for an event but it's doable as a custom project.

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
trampoline
 April 22 2007 16:55 PM  
Forum Big Cheese
Big Cheese

Thanks,
I think there might be a market for a more feature rich event management plugin such as this, in my case for managing an ever increasing array of Home education trips with different groups, / organisers and group members. It would really simplify organisation. I could write one outside of Geeklog but integration would be FAB ! and I still don't know how to integrate yet, If I did I'd be doing it myself... I am trying to learn but I am eternaly thick !

Profile Email PM
Content generated in: 0.13 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 04:54 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content