PortalParts.com Site

Forum Index > Geeklog > General Geeklog New Topic Post Reply
 Advanced Edtitor and MS Word
 |  Printable Version
marco
 November 29 2007 15:33 PM (Read 6097 times)  
Forum Big Cheese
Big Cheese

Blaine,

I'm wondering if the built in WYSIWYG editor for the new system is different from the standard Geeklog install? If it is can you tell me what makes it different? For example, a lot of our team members want to import Word Documents and have them format properly - something the default editor is not so good at ;-)

- Marco

PS: This is probably the wrong forum to now be posting this in. I apologize.

Profile Email Website PM
Blaine
 November 29 2007 16:23 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Are you using the Paste from Word icon in FCKeditor vs the standard copy/paste as that will attempt to clean up the Word formatting tags?

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
marco
 November 30 2007 00:06 AM  
Forum Big Cheese
Big Cheese

Yes, but even then it doesn't do a very good job - especially with the newer version of Word that many on our team are using. Probably what REALLY needs to happen is to just get in the habit of creating documents in HTML mode.

- Marco

Profile Email Website PM
marco
 November 30 2007 00:22 AM  
Forum Big Cheese
Big Cheese

Blaine,

I just want to make sure I understand - I'm sorry if I'm sounding repetitive. We are looking at nexContent - mainly for our content manager who takes care of all the stories on our front end of our site. This product will integrate into Geeklog 1.4.1 and is separate from nexPro, correct? We can purchase it for $100 and it will integrate or do we need the entire NexPro platform/system?

Warmly,

- Marco

Profile Email Website PM
Blaine
 November 30 2007 07:57 AM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Marco,

Actually nexContent does require nexPro and was just checking to make sure we make that clear. There is a special note on the Buy now but it may not be clear if you have only read the product details. All of the nextide plugins will need the core nexpro plugin that comes with the nexpro suite. It is used to encompase a lot of our commonly used libraries. Once you have nexpro, you can install on a standard GL 1.4.1 site.

NexContent is a great solution for managing unique site content like a marketing site - but it is not a replacement for the story editor. It does not understand topics for example, as it allows you to create your own site map.

The integrated editor is also FCKeditor but can't say we have tested it with complex content from the latest MS Word. I am waiting for the latest FCKeditor to settle down before we upgrade it in GL and nexPro.

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
Content generated in: 0.19 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 05:29 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content