PortalParts.com Site

Forum Index > Geeklog > Misc Projects New Topic Post Reply
 Feature Requests for glEventManager
 |  Printable Version
muntada
 December 19 2007 21:30 PM (Read 5493 times)  
Forum Full Poster
Full Poster

Blaine,

I am really liking the glEventManager. I have some suggestions for added functionality.

1. The ability to restrict show attendees to admin users through the GUI.
2. The ability to notify the admin when a registration is made, much like a topic submission notification.
3. The ability to unregister oneself even after the max attendees has been meet. The only way currently to do this is to leave the max attendees at 0 but that then still allows for additional registrations.

Thanks for all your work. I hope these are suggestions that others might like.

Profile Email Website PM
muntada
 December 19 2007 21:33 PM  
Forum Full Poster
Full Poster

By the way, if you know the hack for the email notification, I could use that right away. I am guessing it is a matter of calling the same function used when a topic has been submitted. If I was more familiar with the Geeklog Code, I would have done this one already, but I am just a part time code hacker. :-)

Profile Email Website PM
rjrufo
 March 17 2008 19:00 PM  
Forum Full Poster
Full Poster

Another feature request is to have a way of adding the number in the party attending. I'd like for my users to be able to indicate how many adults, and how many children are attending, so I can get an idea of how many people to plan for.

Also, I'm thinking of adding more fields, such as what kind of dish the guests plan on bringing, and whether they'll need overnight accommodations or not. I'm sure that I'll find more fields that would be useful, so maybe having a way of adding them would be a good idea too.

Just some ideas...

Profile Email PM
kilerb
 March 19 2008 11:39 AM  
Forum Senior
Senior

3. The ability to unregister oneself even after the max attendees has been meet. The only way currently to do this is to leave the max attendees at 0 but that then still allows for additional registrations.

Thanks for all your work. I hope these are suggestions that others might like.[/p]

I thought it had a feature where people could unregister themselves from an event. That feature stops working if the event is full?

Thanks,
Brian

Profile Email PM
mstewartga
 December 15 2008 07:27 AM  
Forum Junior
Junior

I sure could use a comment field. Perhaps when they click register me, a pop up with add a comment. The on the list of attendees, the comment could be a column. This would be a simple way of taking care of much of the requests here.
Thanks
Mike

Profile Email PM
Content generated in: 0.15 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 09:13 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content