PortalParts.com Site

Forum Index > Geeklog > glMenu New Topic Post Reply
 install error
 |  Printable Version
Lou
 December 25 2008 11:23 AM (Read 1790 times)  
Forum Newbie

Hello,

I did a complete fresh install of geeklog 1.5.1. Made zero changes to default config. Downloaded glmenu and placed all files in proper locations. glmenu shows up as a plugin available to install but when I try to install it, this error appears:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/lou/plugins/glmenu/glmenu.class.php on line 170

Reading other forums entries, I tried to disable the links plugin but the same error comes up.

Thanks for any ideas.

Lou

Profile Email PM
Lou
 December 25 2008 11:35 AM  
Forum Newbie

Nevermind........I must have had too much eggnog - for some reason I forgot to read the other 2 pages of comments in the forum on this issue. It appears to be because php4 is what my ISP is running.

Guess I'll work on them to upgrade.

Lou

Profile Email PM
Lou
 December 25 2008 12:31 PM  
Forum Newbie

In my continual holiday induced monologue, I got the glmenu plugin installed.

Figuring there are probably more knuckleheads like me who are not PHP pros than there are experts like Blaine, here's what worked for me:

On my site, I went into the cpanel area. There was a configurable php option which basically said which version of php (4 or 5) do you want this site to use to handle all php files. It was set to 4. I changed t to 5 and the plugin install worked perfectly.

I suppose the downside could be that if I had other php files which required 4, that now they may not work properly. I don't so it's not an issue for me, but your mileage may vary.

I'll go away quietly now.

Lou

Profile Email PM
Content generated in: 0.13 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 04:32 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content