PortalParts.com Site

Forum Index > Geeklog > glMenu New Topic Post Reply
 glmenu menu configuration missing parts?
 |  Printable Version
worldfooty
 January 16 2009 23:52 PM (Read 7724 times)  
Forum Full Poster
Full Poster

Hi,

I've just installed glmenu and I want to change the orange colour to something else, like black. I've gone into the menu admin control / menu administration and clicked on Configuration. It shows theme is professional, menu mode is css, and I can edit Header Menu and Submenu colours. But the orange colour isn't there. And it does NOT really look like the css menu shown here:

http://www.portalparts.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=glmenu_3.0#menu_configuration

I guess it's block background I want to change, but that isn't an option on mine.

Also, if I switch from css to Milonic to csspro, nothing changes in the menu configuration screen, unlike the options shown in the animated image I linked to above.

As a test, I clicked on the Header background option and dragged it from grey to purple, but when I saved it I got error not able to open menu.css file for writting. I can't find menu.css anywhere in the original glmenu zip file.

Do I have 2 errors here or 1 manifesting itself in different ways?

Any help much appreciated.

Profile Email PM
Blaine
 January 16 2009 23:59 PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

The file menu.css will be created once you update your menu configuration but the directory that it is in needs to be writeable.

Also, in the theme file admin/menuconfig.thtml - add the following to the top of the template.

PHP Formatted Code

<style>
.colorpicker {
    position:relative;
    top:-1px;
    padding:2px 10px
}
</style>

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
worldfooty
 January 17 2009 01:12 AM  
Forum Full Poster
Full Poster

Wow, quick response thanks.

Any hint as to which directory the menu.css would be trying to create in? I tried changing the access on:

layout / professional / glmenu / cssmenu

and

layout / professional / glmenu / admin

both to 777 but it didn't seem to help.

In terms of adding that extra code you suggested, to menuconfig.html, you said at the top of the template. Does that mean right at the very top of the file, above the lines about script type etc? I did it, and I'm not seeing any errors, but nothing has changed. By putting in silly padding numbers I can see that it does have effect, i.e. I can make the colour bar really wide. Was that mostly a small cosmetic change?

I assume when I select menu mode and swap between css and csspro etc it should happen straight away? It only happens when I select update record.

Profile Email PM
worldfooty
 January 17 2009 01:36 AM  
Forum Full Poster
Full Poster

Here's what the config header menu options look like:

Profile Email PM
Blaine
 January 17 2009 09:35 AM  
Forum Admin
Admin

The menuconfig screen looks fine - the CSS I noted would have corrected an issue where the colored blocks that show you the current color were only 1px wide. Your screen looks fine - so no need to add.

Correct, the menu.css should be under the cssmenu directory and is created when you update your settings when css mode or procss mode is used.

If you do a view source on your site, you will see the CSS file that is trying to be included and the path, example:

PHP Formatted Code

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.portalparts.com/layout/professional/glmenu/cssmenu/promenu.css">
<!-- End PortalParts glMenu -->

Please consider contributing to support my efforts ..

Profile Email Website PM
Content generated in: 0.24 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 02:32 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content